Friday, August 13, 2010

Final Note Before Return Journey


Photo: Sander receiving an invitation to visit a yurt or tent on the steppe in the Henan Mongol Autonomous County, Amdo Region of Greater Tibet, Qinghai Pronvince, P.R. of China (August, 2010).

Many thanks to Daryl and Courtenay Houk for their support and assistance on so many essential fronts!

And special thanks to Courtenay Houk for reading, editing, and posting my blog entries (sites like blogspot, facebook, and others are blocked in China). I will elaborate on my current submissions, and add more, in addition to many photographs -- and film clips -- following our return home.

We will begin our journey home tomorrow.

Brad


Photo: Sander shot this photo of me outside of Guide's Jiaotong Luguan as we were heading back to Xining.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for making this site about your travels through the Amdo region of Tibet. I enjoyed reading about your adventures in the area. I have traveled Qinghai extensively the past 8+ years, so I know the area quite well.

    Hopefully our paths will cross one day....Losang

    www.landofsnows.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, I am enthralled. You have taken quite a journey. Along the way, but of less importance, you have revisited China. I suspect that this will not be your last journey ... nor your son's.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losang,

    I've been following your two sites for several months and should have given you credit before we left the States. Thanks to the information -- and photos -- you provided, my son decided he wanted to go to Amdo for all it offered regarding a variety of cultures and landscapes.

    I too hope our paths will cross.

    Sincerely,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruce,

    Thank you for your kind words.

    Indeed, we're trying to figure out a way to return on a regular basis. I study Chinese every day in preparation.

    Actually, I'd like to lead small groups of teachers, students, or at-risk kids to Amdo. I'm just not sure how to pull that off yet.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete